Wadsworth-Longfellow house and store, Portland, 1786
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photographic copy print shows the Wadsworth-Longfellow House as it appeared in 1786. Peleg Wadsworth (1748-1829) built this building in Portland to serve as his family's homestead and business. His grandchildren, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882) and Anne Longfellow Pierce (1810-1901) lived here. The property is now owned by the Maine Historical Society.