Game of Authors playing card
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is one of four cards featuring Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. In the game, which was similar to "Go Fish", players competed to finish "books" consisting of four cards with the same author. There were eleven different authors featured in the game. The other cards can be seen: 10592, 10593, 10595.
- Title: Game of Authors playing card
- Creator: Western Publishing Company
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Cambridge, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Middlesex
- State: MA, ME
- Media: Paper
- Dimensions (cm): 2.9 x 1.7
- Local Code: 1998.1.85
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.