Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Rudy Vallee, born in Vermont, grew up in Westbrook. His long, successful career as a bandleader, singer and actor started in the 1920s. He was married to the actress Fay Webb, pictured at his left, from 1931 to 1936.
In 1921, Vallee enrolled in the University of Maine (but later transferred to Yale.) In 1930, he topped the popular music charts with a recording of the University of Maine school song, "The Maine Stein Song".
About This Item
- Title: Rudy Vallee and Fay Webb, ca. 1935
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- State: ME
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.3295
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.