The Triumph, Waldoboro, ca. 1872
In 1872, Captain L.L. Kennedy traveled to New York to purchase this Smith hand tub fire engine. When delivered to Waldoboro, it was named "Triumph."
The bars that run along the side are steel and the pressure tank is made of copper. The only known photo of this being used in the early 1900s shows 12 men on each side of the engine.
The men had to pump the handles up and down to build up the pressure in the copper tank.