Contributed by Boothbay Region Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Chester (born 1889) and Grace Brown Holton were driving south in their carriage up Emerson's Hill towards Boothbay Harbor, when this photo was taken around 1915. Boothbay Harbor was at the top of the hill, behind the photographer.
The children in the background were standing on a wooden sidewalk that extended north at least as far as the Emerson house in the distance. The driveway to the house in the middle distance (above the carriage) marks the approximate location where the current (2013) Route 96 heads off towards Ocean Point.
About This Item
- Title: Horsedrawn carriage, Boothbay Harbor, ca. 1915
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Location: Boothbay Harbor, Lincoln County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.2 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dirt roads--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
- Carriages & coaches--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
- Women--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
- Children--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
For more information about this item, contact:Boothbay Region Historical Society
PO Box 272, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.