Contributed by Mount Desert Island Historical Society
This logbook documents the observations of the Champlain Society on Mount Desert Island during the summer of 1881.
The Champlain Society was a naturalist club made up of undergraduate students from Harvard College, led by Charles Eliot. Their goal was to study the natural history of Mount Desert Island and to make complete lists of the flora and fauna there as well as a geological map of the island.
About This Item
- Title: Champlain Society Records and Yacht Log, Mount Desert Island, 1881
- Creation Date: 1881
- Subject Date: 1881
- Location: Mount Desert Island, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Bound book, ink on paper
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 17 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Harvard University
- Camping--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Clubs--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Organizations--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Mount Desert Island Historical Society
PO Box 653, 353 Sound Drive, Mount Desert, ME 04660
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.