Contributed by Portland Water District
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Portland Water District moved its general offices in 1915 to 16 Casco Street, a building formerly occupied by Northeastern Telephone Company. The district needed more office space.
The building was modified specifically for the Portland Water District. The modifications included a remodel of the front of the building to allow for better natural light and the creation of a trustee meeting space inside the building.
The Portland Water District remained at 16 Casco Street until 1967 when its Douglass Street facility was expanded.
About This Item
- Title: Portland Water District Casco Street Office, ca. 1964
- Creator: Portland Water District
- Creation Date: circa 1964
- Subject Date: circa 1964
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 11.3 cm
- Local Code: 10-CSO-1964-001
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Portland
- Casco Street (Portland, Me.)
- Municipal services--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Portland Water District
225 Douglass St., Portland, ME 04104
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.