Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
This memorial plaque was placed on Dixfield Common on the occasion of the Town of Dixfield's Bicentenial in June of 2003. The plaque commemorates the settling of Holmantown by pioneer brothers Peter, Jonathan, and Ebenezer Holman in 1796. Holmantown was incorporated as Dixfield on June 21, 1803.
About This Item
- Title: Holmantown Memorial Plaque, Dixfield, 2003
- Creation Date: 2003
- Subject Date: 2003
- Location: Dixfield, Oxford County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 5.4 cm x 10 cm
- Local Code: 2013-38
- Collection: Reference Photograph Collection #058 (DHS)
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Dixfield
- Monuments & memorials--Maine--Dixfield
For more information about this item, contact:Dixfield Historical Society
59 Main Street, PO Box 182, Dixfield, ME 04224
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.