Contributed by Northeast Harbor Library
This color postcard shows a view of Main Street in Northeast Harbor from around 1900.
There are many businesses visible in the scene depicted on this postcard such as the Small, Staples & Co drugstore, Smith's Dry Goods, the brick Joy Block of 1901, the post office, and the Kimball's grocery store of 1897. Though businesses have changed over the years, as of 2013, this section of town is still a booming commercial area.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street looking west, Northeast Harbor, ca. 1900
- Creator: The Hugh C. Leighton Co., Manufacturers, Portland, ME, U.S.A. 27288
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Northeast Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.8 cm x 13.8 cm
- Local Code: nehl1867
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Northeast Harbor
- Buildings--Maine--Northeast Harbor
- Main Street (Northeast Harbor, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Northeast Harbor Library
PO Box 279, 1 Joy Road, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.