Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Main Street in Patten in the 1920s. Notice that there are no telephone lines, which means that electrification hadn't arrived in Patten at the time this photograph was taken.
This photograph is part of the Wittemann collection which is a large set of photographs taken by members of the Wittemann family and made into postcards and sold in batches to businesses in Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Patten, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Patten, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 448
- Collection: Prints of original post cards of Witteman Brothers Postal Card Company
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Main St. (Patten, Me.)--Photographs
- Patten (Me.)--Description & views--Photographs--Postcards
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.