Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
In 1961 a bridge was being constructed between Lubec and Campobello Island, New Brunswick, Canada. The 12-ton I-beam in this image is lowered into place on September 7, 1961. Note Lubec Channel navigational aid at right.
About This Item
- Title: I-beam placement on bridge, Lubec, 1961
- Creation Date: 1961-09-07
- Subject Date: 1961-09-07
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.4 cm x 9.7 cm
- Local Code: Bridge 9 jpg
- Collection: Bernard Ross
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945--Commemoration
- Bridge construction--Maine--Lubec
- Bridges--Canada--New Brunswick
- Bridge construction--Canada--New Brunswick
- Bridges--New Brunswick
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.