Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A captain in Co. A of the 16th Maine Infantry Regiment, Isaac A. Pennell of New Portland enlisted on July 30, 1862, when he was 27 years old.
He was a 2nd lieutenant at enlistment, promoted to full 1st lieutenant in November 1862, and to full captain in March 1863.
He was wounded at Fredericksburg on December 13, 1862, was detached for recruiting in Maine in July 1864 and discharged due to disability on October 14, 1864.
About This Item
- Title: Isaac A. Pennell, New Portland, ca. 1863
- Creation Date: circa 1863
- Subject Date: circa 1863
- Location: New Portland, Somerset County, ME
- Media: Tintype
- Dimensions: 7.6 cm x 4.6 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 135, Box 1/20
- Collection: Abner Ralph Small papers
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Officers
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 16th (1862-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.