Contributed by Maine Historical Society
First Parish Church in Portland performed an "Exhibition of Pictures" on Dec. 15, 1923.
Church members dressed as 29 different well known paintings and posed inside a large gold frame. Samuel S. Talbot introduced the program and described pictures from early Italian to modern American.
Gertrude Buxton played the piano and Emily Eldridge played the violin for the performance.
The entertainment received considerable publicity.
About This Item
- Title: 'Exhibition of Pictures' program, Portland, 1923
- Creation Date: 1923
- Subject Date: 1923-12-15
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 13.4 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1919, Box 17/25
- Collection: First Parish Church (Portland, Me.) collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Exhibitions & displays
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--People
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Performances
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Social aspects
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.