Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Members of the Service Department at the State Motor Co. on Forest Avenue in Portland posed in front of their building.
Arthur M. Waterman owned the Nash dealership. He was active with the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association, the Jewish Federation and Jewish War Veterans, Shaarey Tphiloh Synagogue, and the Portland Civil Service Commission.
About This Item
- Title: Service Department, State Motor Co., Portland, ca. 1938
- Creator: Gannett Publishing Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 2526
- Collection: Wolf and Waterman family collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Automobile dealerships--Maine--Portland
- Automobile service stations--Maine--Portland
- Group portraits
- Jewish businesspeople--Maine--Portland
- Shaarey Tphiloth Synagogue (Portland, Me.)
- State Motor Company (Portland, Me.)--Employees
- Waterman family
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.