Contributed by Blue Hill Public Library
A postcard with a black and white photograph of the launching or landing of a hot air balloon at the Blue Hill Fair. At the bottom on the front is handwritten, "Bluehill Fair, Sept, 1909." On the back, the cancellation reads, Blue Hill, Dec 25, 7AM, 1909, M.L." A short vertical line divides the back of the card. On the left is printed, Correspondence," and handwritten underneath, "wishes for a happy Xmas from Carolyn." On the address section of the card, is handwritten, "Miss Abby Partridge Bluehill ME.
About This Item
- Title: Hot Air Balloon launching at the Blue Hill Fair, ca. 1909
- Creation Date: 1909
- Subject Date: 1909
- Location: Blue Hill, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: HHPH 0309
- Collection: Blue Hill Historical Society Holt House Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Amusement rides--Maine--Blue Hill
- Fairs--Maine--Blue Hill
- Blue Hill Fair (Blue Hill, Me.)
- Balloons (Aircraft)--Maine--Blue Hill
For more information about this item, contact:Blue Hill Public Library
5 Parker Point Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.