Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
"George Seavey operated this fish market from 1923 until his death twenty years later. Located on Pine Point Road, the buildings were razed when the railroad overpass was constructed in the mid-1950s."
The above information taken from "Images of America Scarborough" by Rodney Laughton.
About This Item
- Title: G. T. Seavey Sea Foods, Scarborough, ca. 1925
- Creator: Robert Domingue
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Location: Scarborough, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fish trade--Maine--Scarborough
- Seafood industry--Maine--Scarborough
- Seafood stores--Maine--Scarborough
For more information about this item, contact:Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
PO Box 156, Scarborough, ME 04070-0156
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.