Contributed by Bruce Thurlow through Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
This shows the Cappy after it was wrecked coming ashore near Higgins Beach. It had been towed, with flotation barrels placed on each side, by the Coast Guard and is laying on its side at the Pine Point Anchorage. The damage to the haul is very visible.
About This Item
- Title: The Cappy at Pine Point, Scarborough, 1951
- Creator: Bruce Thurlow
- Creation Date: 1951-07-23
- Subject Date: 1951-07-23
- Location: Scarborough, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.89 cm x 12.7 cm
- Local Code: The Cappy
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Shipwrecks--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Fishing boats--Maine--Scarborough
- United States. Coast Guard--Rescues
- Marine accidents--Maine--Scarborough
- Cappy (Boat)
For more information about this item, contact:Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
PO Box 156, Scarborough, ME 04070-0156
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.