Contributed by Bruce Thurlow through Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
The Pine Point Station showing tourists and buggies around 1890. The Boston and Maine Railroad opened up Pine Point area of Scarborough to the tourist industry and helped change it from a relatively poor village to a tourist destination. The company had also paid for much of the roadway.
About This Item
- Title: Pine Point RR Station, Scarborough, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Location: Scarborough, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.3 cm x 27.9 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Scarborough
- Railroad stations--Maine--Scarborough
- Boston and Maine Railroad
- Carriages & coaches--Maine--Scarborough
For more information about this item, contact:Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
PO Box 156, Scarborough, ME 04070-0156
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.