Contributed by Biddeford Historical Society
The membership certificate to the General Federation of Women's Clubs for the Thursday Club of Biddeford, April 1929. The G.F.W.C. was organized in 1890 by Jane Cunningham Croly in New York City as an organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through community service.
About This Item
- Title: Thursday Club membership, Biddeford, 1929
- Creator: General Federation of Women's Clubs
- Creation Date: 1929
- Subject Date: 1929
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20.5 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: Thursday Club scrapbook
- Collection: Thursday Club Collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Women--Societies and clubs--Maine--Biddeford
- Thursday Club (Biddeford, Me.)
- General Federation of Women's Clubs
For more information about this item, contact:Biddeford Historical Society
P.O. Box 200, Biddeford, ME 04005
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.