Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Eastern Star float at the Lubec Centennial celebration on July 4, 1911. Riding on this float left to right, rear seat, Mrs. George Mason, Mame Bennet (sister of Dr. DeCosta Bennet and daughter of Dr. E. H. Bennet), Annie Rowell. Front seat, Mrs. George Mowry, Bertha Calkins Walton, Annie Brown. Used but unstamped or mailed photographic postcard written by Bertha Calkins Walton to her sister Ella Calkins Wiener in Oakland California.
About This Item
- Title: Centennial Eastern Star float, Lubec, 1911
- Creator: A. B. Jessaman
- Creation Date: 1911-07-04
- Subject Date: 1911-07-04
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.8 cm x 13.8 cm
- Local Code: 1911 Parade 1 jpg
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Floats (Parade)--Maine--Lubec
- Parades & processions--Maine--Lubec
- Lubec (Me.)--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Lubec
- Order of the Eastern Star (Lubec, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.