Contributed by Prince Memorial Library
This letter from the Phippsburg Overseers of the Poor is in reply to a request for reimbursement for support of Sarah Darling, alias Sarah Cooper, alias Sarah Truman, from the Cumberland Overseers of the Poor. The Cumberland Overseers of the Poor had reason to believe that Sarah Darling was a resident of Phippsburg rather than Cumberland. The Phippsburg Overseers of the Poor wrote that they investigated the matter and could not find any factual basis for Sarah Darling being a resident of Phippsburg.
About This Item
- Title: Letter regarding Sarah Darling, Cumberland, July 5, 1831
- Creator: Phippsburg Overseers of the Poor
- Creation Date: 1831-07-05
- Subject Date: 1831-07-05
- Cumberland, Cumberland County, ME
- Phippsburg, Sagadahoc County, ME
- Media: Handwritten in ink on rag paper, ink on paper
- Dimensions: 31.3 cm x 20.6 cm
- Local Code: 2010.0029
- Collection: Town of Cumberland Archives
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cumberland (Me.)--Overseers of the poor
- Poor women--Maine
- Welfare recipients--Maine
- Phippsburg (Me.)--Overseers of the poor
For more information about this item, contact:Prince Memorial Library
266 Main Street, Cumberland, ME 04021
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.