Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Private Robert McArthur (center) and two comrades of the U.S. Army pose for a formal portrait at J.C. Spooner's Picture Palace, Foots Block, corner Main & State Streets, Springfield, Mass.
McArthur enlisted at Springfield, Massachusetts, and was mustered February 10, 1864. He was in Company I, 3rd Regiment of the Massachusetts Heavy Artillery Volunteers.
He was discharged at the end of the war in 1865. McArthur was for many years the agent of the Pepperell Mills in Biddeford, and the most prominent man of his time.
About This Item
- Title: Robert McArthur and comrades, ca. 1864
- Creator: J.C. Spooner's Picture Palace
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Subject Date: circa 1862
- Biddeford, York County, ME
- Springfield, Hampden County, MA
- Media: Carte de visite
- Dimensions: 9.5 cm x 6 cm
- Local Code: DC XXXIV Lena McArthur Papers
- Collection: Archival Collections
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Massachusetts Heavy Artillery Regiment, 1st (1862-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.