Ernest Longfellow (1845-1921) painted the watercolor of his sister Alice Mary Longfellow (1850-1928) at the piano at their home, Craigie House, in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
They both were children of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and Frances Appleton Longfellow.
About This Item
- Title: Alice Mary Longfellow, Cambridge, ca. 1870
- Creator: Ernest Longfellow
- Creation Date: 1870
- Subject Date: 1870
- Location: Cambridge, Middlesex County, MA
- Media: Watercolor on paper
- Local Code: Long 4774
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Longfellow family
- Longfellow, Alice M. (Alice Mary), 1850-1928
- Longfellow, Ernest Wadsworth, 1845-1921
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Family
For more information about this item, contact:NPS, Longfellow House-Washington's Headquarters National Historic Site
105 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.