Henry Wadsworth Longfellow sketched his son, Erny (Ernest) reading in 1853.
Erny was seven when his father captured his likeness.
About This Item
- Title: Ernest Longfellow, Cambridge, 1853
- Creator: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Creation Date: 1853-02-01
- Subject Date: 1853-02-01
- Location: Cambridge, Middlesex County, MA
- Media: Colored pencil on paper
- Local Code: Long 19282
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Longfellow, Ernest--Portraits
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Family
For more information about this item, contact:NPS, Longfellow House-Washington's Headquarters National Historic Site
105 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.