Contributed by Farmington Public Library
The dedication ceremony of the Cutler Memorial Library Building and presentation to the Farmington Public Library Association on September 9, 1903.
George Purington, Principal of the Farmington Normal School and President of the Library Association, delivered the welcoming remarks.
The principal speaker was the Rev. Lyman Abbott, a son of Jacob Abbott. The local schools were closed, and many businesses suspended operations for the two hour ceremony. The attendance was estimated at nearly 2,000.
About This Item
- Title: Cutler Memorial Library dedication, Farmington, 1903
- Creator: Farmington Public Library Association
- Creation Date: 1903-09-09
- Subject Date: 1903-09-09
- Location: Farmington, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 22 cm x 25.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Builidng dedications--Maine--Farmington
- Farmington Public Library (Farmington, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Farmington Public Library
117 Academy Street, Farmington, ME 04938
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.