Contributed by Presque Isle Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
Fred Beck (right) and Gus Nadeau (left) take their turn with the cross-cut saw when cutting down the National Community Christmas tree for the Christmas Pageant of Peace in Washington, D.C.
About This Item
- Title: Cutting down the National Community Christmas tree, Presque Isle, 1959
- Creator: Presque Isle Chamber of Commerce
- Creation Date: 1959
- Subject Date: 1959
- Location: Presque Isle, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: PI21232
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Community service--Maine--Presque Isle
- Lumbermen--Maine--Presque Isle
- White spruce
- Christmas trees--Washington, D.C.
- Christmas trees--Maine--Presque Isle
- Tree felling--Maine--Presque Isle
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Historical Society
PO Box 285, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.