Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
A photographer for the Eastern Illustrating Co. of Belfast photographed his vehicle in E. Parsonsfield.
The photographers, who worked on a small salary and commission based on postcard sales, established relationships with stores that would sell the cards, then took images of local scenes and sold the postcards to the stores.
The vehicle carried a large format view camera mounted on a wooden tripod. Photographers used 5-by-7-inch glass plate for film until the early 1930s.
About This Item
- Title: Eastern Illustrating Co. vehicle, E. Parsonsfield, ca. 1915
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating Company, Belfast
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Location: Parsonsfield, York County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.8 cm x 17.8 cm x 1 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stores & shops--Maine--Parsonsfield
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.