Contributed by Ambajejus Boom House Museum
A Great Northern Paper towboat. A wood boat, it towed booms of logs down the lake. The crew would consist of a captain, cook, 2 deck hands, 2 engineers and a first mate.
About This Item
- Title: West Branch 1, Ambajejus, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: T1 R9 WELS, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 24 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Booms (Log transportation)
- Log transportation--Maine
- West Branch #1 (Boat)
- Ambajejus Lake (Me.)
- Northern Maine Paper Company--Employees
- Lumber industry--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Ambajejus Boom House Museum
PO Box 362, Ambajejus Lake, Millinocket, ME 04462
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.