Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The three houses at the foot of B Street in South Portland are part of what may have been the first low-rent housing in the area. Thomas E. Knight, whose shipyard was located at the foot of the street, built the houses in 1851.
About This Item
- Title: Housing project, South Portland, 1950
- Creator: Portland Evening Express
- Creation Date: 1950-03-13
- Subject Date: 1950-03-13
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Dwellings
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Housing developments--Maine--South Portland
- Dwellings--Maine--South Portland
- Houses--Maine--South Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.