Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A unit of the Broadview Park housing project that was built for shipyard workers during World War II in the vicinity of Alfred Street.
It is typical of the barracks-type structures erected for wartime workers in South Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Broadview Park housing unit, South Portland, 1959
- Creator: Portland Evening Express
- Creation Date: 1959-12-09
- Subject Date: 1959-12-09
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Dwellings
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Broadview Park (South Portland, Me.)
- Apartment houses--Maine--South Portland
- Dwellings--Maine--South Portland
- Labor housing--Maine--South Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.