Contributed by Pierce Family Collection through Maine Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
James F. Baldwin of Boston wrote to Josiah Pierce (1756-1830) of Baldwin about a trip to Washington, D.C.
Baldwin took the trip to get a bond reissued that would provide money to Pierce and his siblings. Pierce and Baldwin's father, Loammi (1744-1807), had been business partners.
While in Washington, Baldwin attended the inauguration of James Madison.
About This Item
- Title: James F. Baldwin on trip to Washington, 1813
- Creator: James F. Baldwin
- Creation Date: 1813-03-20
- Subject Date: 1813
- Boston, Suffolk County, MA
- Baldwin, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Collection: Pierce family collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Baldwin, James Fowle, 1782-1862--Correspondence
- Baldwin, James Fowle, 1782-1862--Travel
- Madison, James, 1751-1836--Inauguration, 1813
- Pierce, Josiah, 1792-1866--Correspondence
- United States. President
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.