Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Congress Street in Portland, with St. Stephen's Episcopal Church to the left, as seen from what is now Longfellow Square. The photo dates from about 1880.
About This Item
- Title: Congress Street, Portland, ca. 1880
- Creator: George H. Weeks
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 26 cm
- Local Code: Photographs -- Portland -- Streets -- Longfellow Square
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Congress Street (Portland, Me.)
- Longfellow Square (Portland, Me.)
- St. Stephens Episcopal Church (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.