Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The rear, or Spring Street, view of "Oakland," a mansion at 339 Danforth St. that was built in about 1857 by Theophilus Cushing Hersey, president of International Steamship Co.
Waynflete School acquired the building in 1917.
About This Item
- Title: Rear view, Oakland, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs--Portland--Streets--Danforth
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Danforth Street (Portland, Me.)
- Hersey, Theophilus Cushing, 1812-1886--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Spring Street (Portland, Me.)
- Waynflete School (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.