Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A view of the Fore River in Portland from the porch of Oakland, a mansion on Danforth Street built in about 1857 by Theophilus Cushing Hersey, president of the International Steamship Co.
About This Item
- Title: View from Oakland, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs--Portland--Streets--Danforth
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Architectural elements
- Danforth Street (Portland, Me.)
- Fore River (Me.)
- Hersey, Theophilus Cushing, 1812-1886--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Waynflete School (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.