Contributed by New Sweden Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Winter Carnival arrivals at the Bangor & Aroostook Railroad Station in New Sweden.
Both participants and spectators used the trains to travel to and from the town. The train arrived in New Sweden at 10:30 a.m. and returned to Caribou at 4 p.m.
All winter carnival activities took place between 10:30 and 4.
About This Item
- Title: Winter Carnival arrivals, New Sweden, 1936
- Creation Date: 1936
- Subject Date: 1936
- Location: New Sweden, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 5 cm x 8 cm
- Collection: Franklin Anderson Photo Album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Winter sports
- Arrivals & departures--Maine--New Sweden
- Winter Carnival (New Sweden, Me.)--1936
- Railroad stations--Maine--New Sweden
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--Facilities
For more information about this item, contact:New Sweden Historical Society
116 Station Road, New Sweden, ME 04762
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.