Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Sarah F. Sanborn, studying at Kent's Hill, wrote to her father, Peter F. Sanborn, about the possibility of her younger sister also studying at Kent's Hill and about the family's enduring much death and disease. She consoles her father about the death of her brother, Joseph.
About This Item
- Title: Sarah Sanborn letter on death, disease, 1862
- Creator: Sarah F. Sanborn
- Creation Date: 1862-10-24
- Subject Date: 1862
- Kents Hill, Kennebec County, ME
- Augusta, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 362, Box 1/3
- Collection: Sanborn family papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sanborn family
- Sanborn, Joseph--Death
- Sanborn, Peter F.--Correspondence
- Sanborn, Sarah--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.