Contributed by an individual through Pejepscot History Center
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Lydia Jane (Noyes) Bradford of Turner wrote on August 2, 1864 to her sick husband, Philemon A. Bradford, who died "of disease" five days after the letter was written.
Philemon was at the Brattleboro, Vermont, Army Hospital. He enlisted as a private in Co. A, Maine 30th Infantry in 1863 and died August 7, 1864.
About This Item
- Title: Lydia Jane Bradford to husband, Brattleboro Army Hospital, 1864
- Creator: Lydia Jane Bradford
- Creation Date: 1864-08-02
- Subject Date: 1864
- Turner, Androscoggin County, ME
- Brattleboro, VT
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 7.5 cm
- Collection: Private collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bradford, Lydia Noyes--Correspondence
- Bradford, Philemon A.--Correspondence
- Bradford, Philemon A.--Health
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 30th (1864-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Pejepscot History Center
159 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.