Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Engraving of a daguerreotype of Thomas Cogswell Upham, a professor of mental philosophy at Bowdoin College in Brunswick.
Upham (1799-1872) was a native of New Hampshire and graduate of Dartmouth College. He taught at Bowdoin from 1824-1867.
About This Item
- Title: Thomas Cogswell Upham, Brunswick, ca. 1850
- Creator: J. C. Buttre
- Creation Date: circa 1850
- Subject Date: circa 1850
- Location: Brunswick, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 420, Box 6/19, MS00-20.0258E
- Collection: John S. H. Fogg autograph collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bowdoin College--People
- Upham, Thomas Cogswell, 1799-1872--Portraits
- Upham, Thomas cogswell, 1799-1872--Autographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.