Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Cornelia "Fly Rod" Crosby in the canoe, in the shadow of Mt. Kineo, Moosehead Lake, ca. 1895.
Crosby, of Phillips, worked for a number of years for the Maine Central Railroad where she promoted tourism in the Maine woods. She was a noted fly fisher and hunter.
About This Item
- Title: Cornelia Crosby, Moosehead Lake, ca. 1895
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Location: Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Lantern slide
- Local Code: Coll. 460, Box 2/29
- Collection: Northern Maine woods lantern slides
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Crosby, Cornelia Thurza, 1854-1946--Social life
- Crosby, Cornelia, Thurza, 1854-1946--Photographs
- Moosehead Lake (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.