Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Henry L. Withee and Horace Bailey took this photo of Lobster Lake on the first full day of their Allagash journey in 1911. Near the outlet of the lake, they encountered a log jam. They had to portage around the jam, dragging the canoe up steep banks by the lake.
About This Item
- Title: Lobster Lake, 1911
- Creation Date: 1911
- Subject Date: 1911
- Location: Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1955, Box 1/2 (#6)
- Collection: Henry L. Withee collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Allagash River (Me.)
- Bailey, Horace A.--Journeys
- Lobster Lake (Me.)--Photographs
- Withee, Henry L.--Journeys
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.