Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Unbound manuscripts pertaining to the British and American agents working under the 6th and 7th articles of the Treaty of Ghent. These items are part of a larger archive, the Thomas Barclay collection (Coll. 26), related to the drawing of the Northeast boundary between British Canada and the United States.
To search the entire Barclay collection visit Maine Historical Society's Beyond Borders search page. or
Learn more about the project.
About This Item
- Title: Oaths, Commissions, and Affidavits, 1824-1826
- Creator: Barclay, Thomas; Barclay, Anthony; Chipman, Ward; Pagan, Robert
- Creation Date: 1824–1826
- Subject Date: 1824–1826
- Location: Albany, Albany County, NY
- Media: Ink on Paper
- Dimensions: 24.1 cm x 37.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 26, box 1/13
- Collection: Barclay collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Treaties--United States--18th century
- Treaty of Ghent (1814 December 24).
- United States -- Boundaries -- Canada -- Maps.
- United States -- Boundaries -- Canada.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 18th century.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.