Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #52a from the Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick's records. This map depicts important locations such as the Kennebec River, Casco Bay, Small Point, Fort St. George, Fort Popham, and Hunniwell's Neck.
Some names mentioned on this map of Small Point are, John Parker, John Drake, Oliver Noyes, Job Lewis, Simon Newcomb and William Cock. The map is dated 1731.
About This Item
- Title: Small Point, Phippsburg, 1731
- Creator: Phineas Jones
- Creation Date: 1731
- Subject Date: 1731
- Brunswick, Cumberland County, ME
- Phippsburg, Sagadahoc County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 52 cm x 64 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 52a
- Collection: Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Casco Bay (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land grants--Maine
- Land tenure--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Phippsburg (Me.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick--Records and correspondence--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Small Point (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Small Point River (Me.)--Maps, manuscript--Early works to 1800
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.