Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map 11 showing a plan of the Kennebec River, Androscoggin and Sagadahoc Rivers. "The land contained within these lines is an actual survey from Capt. North's map," c. 1765. From east to west this map shows from Cape Elizabeth to the Georges River; and north to south Lewiston to Small Point in Phippsburg.
About This Item
- Title: Plan of Kennebeck River, c. 1765
- Creator: John North
- Creation Date: circa 1765
- Subject Date: circa 1765
- Sagadahoc County, ME
- Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 49 cm x 39 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Map 11
- Collection: Plymouth Company (1749-1816) records
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Kennebec patent
- Kennebec River (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land grants--Maine
- Manuscript maps
- Plymouth Company (1749-1816)--Records and correspondence--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Sagadahoc River (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.