Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is the Plymouth Company map of lots on the Androscoggin River, manuscript map 21 from the Company's records. It shows lots in Jay, also known as Phipp's Canada, about 1760. The map traces the river from Canton through Jay to Livermore Falls, east to west.
This item is part of a larger archival collection (Coll. 60,) which is completely digitized. To search the entire collection visit our Beyond Borders search page
To learn more about the Plymouth Company or about the Maine Historical Society's Beyond Borders project visit our project website
About This Item
- Title: Maps of lots on the Androscoggin River, ca. 1760
- Creator: Plymouth Company
- Creation Date: circa 1760
- Subject Date: circa 1760
- Jay, Androscoggin County, ME
- Canton, Androscoggin County, ME
- Livermore Falls, Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 46 cm x 57 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Map 21
- Collection: Plymouth Company (1749-1816) records
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Androscoggin River (N.H. and Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Kennebec patent
- Land grants--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Plymouth Company (1749-1816)--Records and correspondence--Maps--Early works to 1800
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.