Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Prisoners line up at the mess hall at Fort Long at the Kittery Navy Yard in 1898. The prisoners were taken in the Spanish-American War.
About This Item
- Title: Mess Hall, Fort Long, 1898
- Creation Date: 1898
- Subject Date: 1898
- Kittery, York County, ME
- Portsmouth, Rockingham County, NH
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 562
- Collection: Kittery Naval Yard photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Naval yards & naval stations--United States--Maine--Kittery
- Naval yards & naval stations--United States--New Hampshire--Portsmouth
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard (U.S.)--Photographs
- Prisoners of war--United States--Portsmouth Naval Shipyard (U.S.)
- Spanish-American War, 1898--Prisoners and prisons--Photographs
- United States--History--War with Spain, 1898
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.