Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Senator John Glenn, second from left, a Democrat from Ohio, arrived in Maine October 23, 1982 to help Maine Democrats celebrate their annual Jefferson-Jackson Day. Named for Presidents Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson, the fundraising event supports Democratic candidates.
Maine Democrats are, from left, Governor Joseph Brennan, Senator George Mitchell, former Secretary of State Edmund S. Muskie, and Democratic Congressional candidate John Kerry.
This item is in copyright. Rights and reproductions for all UPI (United Press International) images are currently managed by Getty Images. The Maine Memory Network includes this and other UPI images for educational purposes only, and cannot broker its use. For more information, please contact Getty Images Customer Support.
About This Item
- Title: John Glenn with Maine Democrats, Portland, 1982
- Creator: United Press International
- Creation Date: 1982-10-23
- Subject Date: 1982-10-23
- Location: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 7/4
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Senators--United States
- Jefferson Jackson Day (Me.)
- Mitchell, George J. (George John), (1933-)--Photographs
- Glenn, John (1921-)--Photographs
- Brennan, Joseph E.--Photographs
- Kerry, John (1943-)--Photographs
- Muskie, Edmund S., 1914-1996--Photographs
- Jefferson Jackson Day
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.