Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Guy Gannett newspaper columnist Harold Boyle is shown receiving a Lifetime Service Award from the Maine Press Association in April 1982. He died on August 26, 1982, after a 61-year career at the newspaper. He was financial editor for 36 years.
He retired in 1961, then returned 10 years later to write a series of columns for the Portland Evening Express and the Maine Sunday Telegram.
Boyle also wrote The Best of Boyle, a collection of some of his best-known articles.
This item is in copyright. Rights and reproductions for all UPI (United Press International) images are currently managed by Getty Images. The Maine Memory Network includes this and other UPI images for educational purposes only, and cannot broker its use. For more information, please contact Getty Images Customer Support.
About This Item
- Title: Newspaper columnist Harold Boyle, 1982
- Creator: UPI
- Creation Date: 1982-08-26
- Subject Date: 1982-08-26
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 7/2
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Boyle, Harold--Photographs
- Gannett Publishing Co. (Me.)--Newspapers
- Maine Press Association
- Maine Sunday Telegram (Newspaper)--Maine--Portland
- Portland Evening Express (Newspaper)--Maine--Portland
- Boyle, Harold
- Gannett Publishing Co. (Portland, Me.)
- Maine Sunday Telegram (newspaper)
- Portland Evening Express (newspaper)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.