Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Republican Vice Presidential candidate George H. W. Bush responds to cheers from onlookers at the beach on Walker's Point in Kennebunkport, his family's summer estate.
He was running with Ronald Reagan for the presidency in 1980.
Gene Willman, the photographer, worked for the Kennebec Journal. The cut line reads: "esw/Gene Willman.
This item is in copyright. Rights and reproductions for all UPI (United Press International) images are currently managed by Getty Images. The Maine Memory Network includes this and other UPI images for educational purposes only, and cannot broker its use. For more information, please contact Getty Images Customer Support.
About This Item
- Title: Candidate Bush on beach, Kennebunkport, 1980
- Creator: Gene Willman
- Creation Date: 1980-08-08
- Subject Date: 1980-08-08
- Location: Kennebunkport, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 3/2
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Vice-Presidential candidates
- Bush, George (1924-)--Photographs
- Presidents--United States
- Kennebec Journal
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.