Contributed by Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library
On December 17, 1963, Sen. Edmund S. Muskie and others look on as Pres. Lyndon B. Johnson signs the pathbreaking Clean Air Act of 1963, which Muskie shepherded through Congress.
About This Item
- Title: President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Clean Air Act, December 17, 1963
- Creator: The White House
- Creation Date: 1963-12-17
- Subject Date: 1963-12-17
- Location: Washington, DC
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18.5 cm x 23.5 cm
- Local Code: MUS/24/170-55
- Collection: The Edmund S. Muskie Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Senators--United States
- Muskie, Edmund S., 1914-1996--Photographs
- Presidents--United States
- Clean Air Act, 1963
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1907-1973--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library
Bates College, 70 Campus Avenue, Lewiston, ME 04240-6018
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.