Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This home was part of the Sylvan Site, a housing development in South Portland designed by Frederick Wheeler Hinckley between 1919 and 1929. The photograph was hand tinted.
About This Item
- Title: Stone house with hip roof, 975 Sawyer Street, South Portland, ca. 1920s
- Creator: Walter Fenley
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 446, Box 1/1
- Collection: Sylvan Site photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dwellings--Maine--South Portland
- Hinckley, Frederick Wheeler, 1878-1933
- Housing developers
- Housing development--Maine--South Portland
- Housing, Single family--Maine--South Portland
- Land subdivision--Maine--South Portland
- Real estate development--Maine--South Portland
- Sawyer Street (South Portland, Me.)
- Sylvan Site (South Portland, Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.